I am taking my Chineses driving test today. Here are some questions from my study guide. I left out some of the REALLY difficult, confusing and technical ones…I will be given a test of 100 randomly selected questions (like these ones) and must gain a mark of 90% or better.
I wonder…who can get the most correct? The winner gets a prize. Please post how many you got correct. There are only 25 questions. Good Luck!
At the bottom of the page, I posted the answers
1. T/F: When there is a sudden braking failure, the driver should evade people first and things second when evading obstacles.
2. T/F When the driver senses he will inevitably be thrown out of the vehicle, he should violently straighten both his legs to increase the force of being thrown out and jump out of the vehicle.
3. When a vehicle leaves the opening of an expressway tunnel, it will be attacked by side wind and the vehicle have _____.
A. A feeling of deceleration
B. A feeling of acceleration
C. A feeling of pressure
D. A feeling of deviation
4. When driving at night, there could be a sharp curve or a big hole ahead if the lighting _______.
B. Leaves the road surface
C. Does not change its distance
D. Becomes lower
5. T/F: When in operation, the engine temperature of a vehicle should be maintained in the range 80-90oC. The normal cooling water temperature of an engine is 80-90oC.
6. If the accumulated penalty points of a motorized vehicle driver reach 12 points and the driver refuses to participate in the study course…
A. Should publicly announce that his driving license should no longer be used
B. Should detain his driving license
C. Should revoke his driving license
D. Impose a double fine on him
7. A motorized vehicle that goes through an intersection without the traffic lights should _______.
A. Yield to the vehicle coming from the left side of the road
B. Yield to the vehicle coming from the right side of the road
C. The vehicle that turns left should yield to the vehicle that turns right
D. The vehicle that goes straight should yield to the turning vehicl8.
8.The yellow marking at the center of an intersection in the picture is _______.
A. A cross-hatched marking
B. A marking prohibiting non-motorized vehicles from passing
C. A central circle
D. A guide line
9. The picture indicates _______
A. A speed-reducing marking
B. A width-limiting mark
C. A tunnel marking
D. A three-dimensional mark
10. T/F: The sign in the picture is designed to indicate the sections beyond 50m on both sides specified in the main sign.
11. T/F: Depressing the clutch pedal connects the clutch, and releasing the pedal separates the clutch.
12. T/F: When a wounded person is unable to get off the vehicle by himself, he should be removed from the vehicle so as to avoid a secondary injury.
13. T/F: When there is a bleeding in the upper limb of a wounded person but he suffers no bone fracture or joint damage, the bleeding can be stopped by pressurized dressing.
14. T/F: When a vehicle runs on an expressway in rain, the water film is formed between the tires and the road surface. As the speed increases, the tire grip decreases and can easily cause a “water sliding” PHENOMENON.
15. When operating the brake pedal, the driver should _______.
A. Observe before depressing
B. Does not have to observe when depressing or releasing
C. Observe when depressing
D. Observe when releasing
16. When there many wounded persons, those who should be sent to hospital last are the persons ________.
A. Suffering cervical vertebra damage
B. Suffering massive haemorrhage
C. Suffering breathing difficulty
D. Whose intestines and veins are exposed
17. In a rainy day, the vertical distance between vehicles should be _______ longer than on a dry road.
A. 1 time
B. 1.5 times
C. 2 times
D. 3 times
18. Gun powder, explosives and detonating powder are ________.
A. Oxidizing materials
B. Inflammable solid materials
D. Self-igniting articles
19. When encountering an old man on the road, the driver should _____.
A. Speed up in advance and pass
B. Bypass from behind
C. Properly reduce speed and honk in advance
D. Continuously honk to warn
20. The accelerator pedal designed to control ____ of the engine or oil pump plunger is used to control the rotation speed of the engine.
A. The accelerator
B. The air throttle
C. The clutch
D. The fuel injector
21. The wrong measure to rescue a person sustaining burns all over his body is to _________.
A. Use sandy soil to cover
B. Swiftly put out the flames of his clothes
C. Spray cool water to his body
D. Take off his burning clothes
22. T/F: When parking vehicles carrying dangerous good they should allow 50m clear space on flat roads and 300m of sloped roads.
23. When an animal-drawn cart cuts in on the road, the driver should honk to warn in a timely manner.
24. T/F: Coasting down a hill by turning off the engine and using neutral gear is illegal and will fine 3 points
25. T/F: Matt and Hallie love living in China